Sunday 16 October 2011

We're getting nearer to the coast!

We're nearing the end of the posts about the amazing trip to Africa...I promise!

From the crater we headed to Moshi and the trip gets blurry from here to be honest! The amount of alcohol units consumed increased as the need for concentrating on animals out of a bumpy truck window went away.

In Moshi we stayed in a lovely campsite but I can't tell you anything about the campsite facilities because we upgraded baby! That's more than enough camping for us thank you :)

We stayed at this hotel/campsite for two nights which meant I could unpack once again and see what that moneky had been doing in my bag, messing it all up again. tut tut. I could hang things up! I didn't hang anything up but I could have if I wanted to.

Anyway, we had the choice of either trekking up Mt. Kili or going on a coffee plantation tour. I just didn't fancy a nine hour trek as I still tell myself that I'm going to climb the whole mountain one day, so I chose the plantation tour and it was probably one of the highlights of the trip! We made our own batch of coffee from start to finish, even from picking the beans from the tree:






It was a great experience, but I was buzzing from the amount of caffeine they gave us to sample!

The rest of the day was spent lazing by the pool in the hotel/campsite - bliss. Then I really felt like I was on holiday, beers were consumed, food was eaten, more alcohol, drinking games, dancing, dancing on the bar, someone (not me guv) suggesting jumping in the pool, staff members firmly saying no to jumping in the pool, 1am bedtime and a horrible 5am rise ready for an 11hr truck journey to the capital, Dar es Salaam.

I think, if ever there was a bad ideas list of mine, drinking a whiskey shot and a glass of port that night would top the list. I was awful on that truck journey the next day, I'm quite surprised I still have friends after my mood swings that day. I'd go from laughing about the night's events to crying about how awful I felt and howling at them to stop the truck I want to get off...I never wanted to drink again...

So we get to the next campsite and go straight to the bar for a hair of the dog and a game of pool.

We have a romantic banda on the beach which is so cute!



Wicked hey? Yours for a mere £12 per night! Amazing!

That night we celebrated Naomi's birthday with a cake! Beach, beer and cake, what's not to love?

Tomorrow we're off to ZANZIBAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment