In the last 24 hours I have:
* Gone to the airport to collect a new arrival who we took straight for a few beers. A few beers turned into talking with the owner of the bar who offered me a job and treated us to a kilogram of beef, ugali and four tusker beers. At one point there were three unopened bottles in front of me at which point I had to tell him to stop buying us beers - not something I enjoy saying.
* I took a motorbike taxi to a beach hotel and sunbathed and typed blogs to earn some cash. I had planned to stay at home and work to save some cash but Mombasa decided to have a powercut so I figured it would be cooler to sit on the beach and work than sit in my apartment when the fans aren't working. Smart move.
|My new office :)|
* I was skyping with my Dad earlier and a waiter comes over to see why I am talking to my laptop. He then proceeds to stand and watch me for five full minutes while my Dad keeps saying 'Katie, he's still behind you'. I guess I'm getting used to this behaviour, like when a lady came and sat on my lap on the matatu bus the other day.
* I had a full conversation with a Masai tribesman today, I'm still not exactly sure what I said but it seemed to make sense to him and we both parted ways.
* I had an invitation to live with a man in Burundi today. I don't even know where Burundi is other than it's not in Kenya. I'm not going.