You know what it's like, it's so easy to let Monday slip into Thursday and before you know it, it's time to put the bins out again and gear up for the weekend. As soon as you get home from work, the TV goes on and you go into zombie mode.
Well not me. I refuse to live for the weekends as much as I can. There are five decent weeknights to be utilised that I used to just squander.
The issue is that I'm BROKE, so I'm trying to find activities that are low cost or (preferably) free.
Here's what I've been doing to fill my weeknights so far:
1. Instead of putting the TV on, I've been listening to more music in the kitchen with The Boy and spending more time cooking different meals. I cooked a Kenyan meal for some friends the other night which was fun. We all ate with our hands and listened to Kenyan music - YOU WILL LIKE KENYA, FRIENDS.
2. I've joined the local library. You can borrow up to 20 books at a time and it's free to join up! I am a bookworm, unashamedly so. You don't even really have to be quiet in the library anymore! Nobody told me to shush (but then again I was talking with the Librarian so I guess she couldn't shush herself) It's open late enough to pop round when I finish work and browse.
3. I've been clearing out my clothes, shoes and accessories and selling lots of different things on eBay to make some extra cash. So far I've made over £100 just from selling clothes I haven't worn for the last six months (I made a rule for myself, if I haven't worn it in the last year, it goes, no excuses).
4. I've been painting! Yep, I surprised myself with that one too!
OK so I'm not going to win any awards for them but they were super easy and super cheap and I now have something to show for my weeknights...
5. I've made some biscuits. This activity wasn't so good for my waistline but will get me some new friends at work I'm sure :)
|They're not burnt. Honest.|